Friday, January 30, 2015

Lizard Love



Happy Friday fellow stampers!!  Today I am bringing you this super fun Twisted Easel card.
I used the Leapin' Lizards and Be Mine sets.
 
 
I started by stamping the cute lizards and coloring them with Spectrum Noir markers and then fussy cut them out.  To make the Twisted Easel, you start with a square card folded on the side.  This one is 5 1/2" square.  You then score the front of the card base from the top right corner down to the bottom left corner.  I chose to layer white cardstock on top of the base card and then two different patterned papers.  Your focal point, in this case the heart with lizards, is placed in the center of the card and glued on the bottom right side only (the half of the heart that is on the green paper).
 
 
I added some liquid glass to the lizard's eyes and the tongue, some Stickles to their cheeks and spots and for a bit more sparkle there is a glitter doily behind the red heart.  I finished the heart off with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Now for the surprise to this card....it sort of twists open and rests on the heart greeting inside.
 
 
The heart is popped up with foam dots to allow the front of the card to "catch" behind it.  The greeting inside the card, along with the "x's" and "o's" are from the Be Mine set.  I used a clear Wink of Stella pen to add a little sparkle to the hearts inside of the "o's". 
Valentine's Day will soon be here, I hope yours is filled with love.
Happy Stamping :)
Janna
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)