Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Jawsome Day!

Karla here today! I am LOVIN' playing with these adorable stamps from Pretty Cute Stamps! I am so honoured to be on the Design Team with all the other super talented members, and I am so excited to be able to bring you all some inspiration!

For my first Design Team post I chose the super cute stamp set Jawsome to work with.  I love all the coordinating sentiments - so many possibilities! Here in Canada our summer seems so short, so I want to enjoy every minute of it - seeing this palm tree made me think of a hot, holiday getaway and I had to use it in coordination with a Polaroid photo scene.


I created my own background by stamping a bunch of the sentiments with Pumice Stone Distress Ink on a gray paper to create a tone-on-tone effect. 


I stamped this cute shark on white paper and used Prismacolor Markers, which are alcohol based, to colour him in.  I pieced my background together - the sky is a white cardstock sponged with Distress Inks in pink and orange to create a sunset sky, the water is a patterned paper I cut with 'wave' scissors that I've had in my stash for-EVER, lol and edged with Salty Ocean Distress Ink, and the sand is an embossed piece of paper using Shabby White Stampendous embossing powder - I love the flecks of gold in it! 


I popped up the frame, which I cut with my Cricut Gyspy, and the shark head to give some dimension.


I couldn't resist making just one more! I used the cute girl hammerhead shark for this one, layering the background as above and using some Simple Stories papers.  She is so sweet!


I coloured her in with Prismacolor Markers again and added a little coloured pencil blush to her cheeks. I tucked her in between the waves and popped the top of her head and her tail up with foam dots.


Inside I white heat embossed one sentiment from Jawsome and the wish sentiment from the fabulous Wish Big stamp set.


Be sure to check out the stamp sets featured today in the store!




I hope you all enjoy a wonderful week, full of sunshine and craftiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)