Monday, September 26, 2016

Two Baby Cards and a Video!

Happy Monday friends! Karla here today with two baby cards and a video on my new YouTube Channel,to go along with them! I haven't had any baby cards to make for a long time, and I needed two recently. My hairdresser is having a baby boy, and my youngest sister is having a baby girl - yay!! Such exciting times, and I had some great ideas for combining digital and clear stamps to create these cute cards that I wanted to try out.

 I first used the Special Delivery sentiment from the Pen Pals stamp set inside word bubbles from the Let's Talk stamp set and stamped on watercolour paper. I used my Tim Holtz Distress Crayons to watercolour my bubbles by scribbling on my craft sheet and then using a paintbrush to dab on the colour mixed with a bit of water. For the boy card I used blue and green, and then for the girl card I used a red and pink crayon.

I coloured the adorable gator from the Birthday Gator digital stamp set with Prismacolour and Hobby Colour markers, both alcohol based and layered him over some of the awesome papers from the Shimelle StarShine Collection.

I found this sweet little soother button in my stash and added it to my tag along with some shiny metallic thread. A bit of Distress Ink around the edges adds some colour.

I used a Spellbinders die to cut the star shaped diecut background and added some pretty sequins.

For my second baby card I used the super sweet elephant from the Birthday Elephant digital stamp set and coloured her pink and then used some white gel pen to add some pretty details.

I used some more of those cute buttons and layered them on some twisted metallic thread in blue and red to match my card. I love the colours in this StarShine collection!

There are so many cards I could use this elephant on - and she'd look good in any colour!

Here's a look at all the awesome sets I've used:

Birthday Elephant

Birthday Gator 

Let's Talk

Pen Pals
You can check out the video I created to show you how I made these cards here

Thank you so much for stopping by! Don't forget to check out this month's New Releases from Pretty Cute Stamps and the current challenge using Polka Dots!! Have a very happy, very crafty week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)